Sabbath Circles At-Home Sunday School Program
Sabbath Circles © is a new approach to the traditional model of Sunday School.
It has been created by this church as a response to the realities of contemporary life for families with children and youth. We want to offer a teaching/learning model that works within family schedules, as they exist.
Here is what we hope to accomplish with this curriculum:
- We want to empower and inspire parents and grandparents to be the first teachers of the faith.
- We want to hold on to worship as the heartbeat of our church. That’s why the Sabbath Circles© curriculum is linked to our weekly worship in content, but you do not need to be present in worship to use the curriculum.
- We want each weekly lesson to be user-friendly, so it has a simple format with a focus Scripture text and suggestions for going deeper with the text.
The Sabbath Circles© logo of four interlocking and overlapping circles represent:
- Worship – on Sunday mornings and whenever else the Spirit calls us.
- Learning – Lifelong learning opportunities including Bible study, discussion groups and other groups on a short-term but ongoing basis.
Fellowship – in all sorts of events as developed by our Missions and Congregational Life boards.
Service – Working together to make a difference in the world.
- Fellowship – in all sorts of events as developed by our Missions and Congregational Life boards.
- Service – Working together to make a difference in the world.
The Sabbath Circles design reminds us that every part of life in the church is always connected to the others. Whatever part of church speaks to you here will welcome you with open arms.